Sunday 14 June 2015

Day 83 13 June 2015 Wertheim

Elizabeth was strong enough to go to breakfast and had a 10.30 AM hairdressing appointment.  We arrived at Wertheim this morning and we could check out the castle and the red sandstone of the Main River.  Had lunch and met some Canadians and a nice lady from NZ.  This afternoon Elizabeth has felt worse and developed cough. She hasn’t had anything to eat during the day which isn’t good.
I abandoned Elizabeth and got dressed up and went off to the on-board Portobello restaurant for fine dining which was lovely except I was sitting by myself.  They did move me to another table and the two fellows I had already met and I had a long chat to one lady about her father-in-law who had been a prisoner of the Japanese 2/15th Battalion during WW2 and his story was quite moving. One of the wives at my table had a striking resemblance to Debbie.







The red cliffs of Main/

After tea I ran into several of our cruise buddies who all wished Elizabeth a speedy recovery, they really are lovely people. I wished them a speedy recovery after listening to zither music.  Of the 2000 people world-wide who play the instrument, only 5 play it professionally which somehow doesn’t surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment